Friday, February 10, 2012

TGIF: The House, Oxford


Since people usually get their spirit and fun nature back on Friday, I thought it’d be nice to do some TFIG posts on Fridays to recommend cafés, restaurants, bars, and pubs that we love and would like you to try out.

Today I recommend to you my favorite bar in Oxford – TheHouse. It’s conveniently located at the back of High Street and is by far the cleanest and most nicely decorated bar I have visited in Oxford. You get really fun cocktails like the tiki series that are served in glasses with totem motifs (calling all anthropologists to order this drink!) and they make delicious classic ones too. They also have an amazing happy hour price for just £3.95 each (usually around £6/7). Paired with a games room with pool table, board games, and comfy PHILIPE STARK SOFAS!! 

And they have a nice porch too for fresh air! (note the tiki glass :D)



I would totally recommend The House for get-togethers, society events (I have been to quite a few and they are always packed cause The House gives really good bargains and student discounts), or birthday parties! The House was where I had my birthday drinks too and everyone loved the place. Definitely give The House a try when you are in Oxford next!

 


  
My friend Jozie holding the Tiki glass!  


Stay warm in the snow! 
e. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment