Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blushing for your valentine.


I admit I backed off a little when I first received this blush (It was given to me from my friend because there's my name on it.. haha). When I tried it on my hand, I felt weird how shiny this blush is because I have always only used matte blusher. But later on I've learnt to appreciate this blush as a highlight on my cheekbones, and now I'm loving how glowy they are! This coral-pink colour looks so natural and girly - definitely perfect for this romantic Valentine's Day out with your loved one.

From a book by Rae Morris (makeup artist), she has some interesting points about blushes:

"My advice is to always use a cheek colour that has some sort of sheen or highlight because cheeks need to have a glow. Even if you hate shiny skin and powder yourself to death, matt cheeks are so unattractive because matt blush flattens the cheek area and it ages you. The only time a matt blush comes out of my kit is if someone has oversized cheeks, and I want to minimise this area."

Well this might sound a little exaggerating, but since I looked more into makeups I realize how underrated highlights and sheen blushers are in our daily makeup collection and how it makes a difference when they give radiance to your look!



This is a picture from the book: the area where blush is to be applied. 
You can go all the way from your cheekbone to the temple, instead of concentrating on the apple of your cheeks. With a little help with bronzers for contouring under the cheekbones, your features will pop and it is so much sophisticated than the conventional apple cheek look.

I hope this has been helpful... and oh! Happy Valentine's Day! Especially to my beloved Erica and her boyfriend (heehee): Have a sweet one!! Even if you are single, like me haha, be sure you are still enjoying the day and have lots of fun!! Keep your heads up, the best is yet to come ;)

xoxo

- Cora

No comments:

Post a Comment