Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sorry, I am back!

Hello people! Sorry for the disappearance last month, here are some recent updates about me which will explain why:

  • Went to Taiwan in early March. My first time there and it was AMAZING. Nice food, bazaar shops and funny friends. 

  • Lost my phone. I was completely devastated about it. Not the phone itself, but the photos taken over past few months. Now I learn the lesson not to be lazy about backups.

  • I am assigned to work in a client’s office for about 2 months with another colleague, to take up the HR manager’s work until she’s back from her maternity leave. It is an internationally famous retail company (ok, it starts with a V), which tells you the amount of work and pressure we are experiencing. I am learning new things everyday, and I need to learn fast. So this whole thing totally drains me out. But, surprisingly, I think I am enjoying this experience - I see so much more from the HR perspective. I’m gonna share some interesting stories about this job at a later stage, but for the time being, god bless we will make this through!


Anyway, I will try to write if I haven’t used up all my energy from work haha. And oh, super congratz to Erica!! She’s finally got a permanent job which she truly enjoys! I’m so happy for you sweetie :D



Here are some photos from Taiwan taken with my camera (not everything though, most of the photos I had were in my lost phone):


Went to a really cute cafe to spend the first afternoon there..






On the way to Taipei 101...







Another cafe for afternoon dessert, after a tiring shopping spree. Things in Taiwan aren't exactly cheap in general (well.. cheaper than HK, so can't complain), but I'm happy to have bought a few goodies - those I know I'm going to use a lot and are unlikely to be found somewhere else.

 (My cute friend Lucia. And that's coffee in the bowl, french style!)



Spent a day in this fantastic hot-spring resort. I say fantastic because: a) free taxi picking us up from & back to city centre; b) we got to wear these cute japanese robe in the resort and we can pick the pattern we like; c) no time limit, you can literally spend a whole day there; d) it's only TW$1,000 (ard USD35)!!




And it's EEL time... Lucia was so so excited about bringing me to this restaurant which is famous for their eel. And it was indeed satisfying!! We waited about 30 mins for the cooking because it was made from fresh eel in the tank. And the amazing part was that, there are 4 ways to enjoy this eel rice:
1) normal eel rice 
2) mix with seaweed and seasoning
3) mix with soup (like a porridge), yum!!
4) mix with soft-boiled eggs







Definitely going back to Taiwan, for the food, for the clothes... 

(Bought these 2 goodies from night market, yay!!)




Everyone in Hong Kong is on such a holiday hyper mood, most of the people I know are going away for a whole week for Easter! Enjoy the vacation people!! Have a nice week!


- Cora xx


No comments:

Post a Comment