Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Parisian (Part 3)

Our hotel room in Paris! We got the MJ room although I wanted the Lady Gaga one. Still super cool though haha :)
 

Hello people! Here's my last post on my adventure in Paris. One thing I really like about being in England is that it is sooooooo easy to travel around Europe! I can just hop on Eurostar and be in Paris in less than 2 hours. So if you are in Paris for just a weekend and don't really have a lot of time, be sure to check out these favorite tourist spots of mine (note they are all super busy touristy places so there is always going to be crowds and crowds of people!)

  • ·         The Catacombs of Paris
A cemetery deep underground with the remains of millions of people. It feels surreal walking through this place so deeply embedded with history, right next to all the skulls and bones. Very chilly down there and can feel quite scary too. But it is just so special, I definitely recommend it. 


  •  ·         Montparnasse Cemetery
This beautiful cemetery is very close to the Catacombs, so you can easily combine these two places into one trip. This is also very worth going because it is the resting place for many famous people: Durkheim (excuse my anthro roots…), Man Ray, Jean-Paul Sautre etc. 

  • ·         Tour Eiffel
I like visiting the Eiffel Tower because I have many good memories there: visiting it for the first time with my parents, going there with my good friends from college, raining cats and dogs and hiding underneath it etc. However, as for tower visits, I’d recommend Tokyo Tower instead. There’s more going on in there and the view of Tokyo looks more impressive to me (excuse my city roots). Anyway it is always nice to go to the Tour Eiffel and get some pictures, just to reassure my touristy and Asian nature.


Finally something I wanted to share: I saw Chuck on TV when I was in Paris!! Made me super duper excited... I know I'm silly but couldn't help it!

 

Hope you enjoyed my little Paris guide! Stay tuned for the others coming soon: Barcelona, Dresden, Berlin, Tokyo, Hong Kong!!

Cora my lovely Bazinga Girl will be back from her trip in Taipei soon -- Come back for her adventure stories and photos!

e. xoxo




1 comment:

  1. The reflection of the Tower in the puddle is gorgeous! This is making my want to go to Paris extremely badly!! Looks like such fun :D

    ReplyDelete