Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Parisian (Part 2)

FOOD TIME! I am totally in a food coma right now after the wonderful snack plate the Boy made me -- olives, jalapeno cheese, grapes, crackers, and sun-dried tomatoes... yum! 

Talking about food in Paris, crepes and steak are the two must eat for me. But of course there are also the wonderful desserts!



I love food and am not a picky eater. As long as something is pretty and yummy, then I am satisfied. Therefore my recommendations here are probably not the best you can find in Paris, but if you like cute little strawberry-shaped cakes, then you might want to try out the places I tell you about.
 
  • ·         Laduree
One reason I like the idea of visiting Laduree so much is because of Gossip Girl. Remember that first episode of season 4 when Blair and Serena went to Paris? Laduree macarons. I have been to the Ladurees in New York, Tokyo, London, and Geneva, but none of them feels as special as the Paris one. Not because the food tastes better (told you I am not a picky eater), simply because I like the idea of experiencing the GG. You gotta admit the idea behind something is sometimes more important than the thingy itself haha.

  • ·         Pierre Herme
Their macarons taste equally yummy to me, but it has a special place in my heart because this is where Chuck got the macarons for Blair in the last episode of season 2 (Blair in her bright green coat, ring any bell?)  All GG fans, you know where you have to go when you’re in Paris next.

(source)
  • ·         Angelina
Their famous hot chocolate is really quite good, however it is not as thick as the one I had before in a small hut/cafĂ© in Lausanne in Switzerland (sadly I can’t remember where that place is anymore). But Angelina has got a nice brunch set and the deco is pretty too, and it’s conveniently located close to the Louvre.  

TGIF! e. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment